Old September 29th 13, 02:20 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Hench[_2_]

Default OT The death of the home stereo system

On 9/27/2013 7:47 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
hout having to relinquish your phone.

That said, the idea that mp3 on any of those teeny-tiny audio
"systems" produce a sound comparable to the well-built
analog setup is completely laughable. They are just good
enough for masses and the hi-fi craze of the 1980s was a
huge overkill for that same masses.

DK

It would be nice, in a dorm environment, where the
stereo would play play lists from more than one phone/laptop at a time
in a round robin configuration.

This could also work with bluetooth in the car.

I use a docking station when I cook/clean/renovate at home. When the
wife is gone I play sports talk on the docking station too. Fantasy
football and fantasy baseball talk shows!

For me they are perfectly fine and convenient. We have no stereo in our
house. in fact until last week we only ever use tv speakers, but i
bought one of those 5.1 home theatre in a box things from Walmart for $69.

I really don't give two flying fricks about sound quality so count me in
on that docking station craze fan list