Old January 7th 07, 02:50 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Yianni

Default Epson 1280 primes all the time

It seems a battery problem to me too.
1280 is similar to 1270 (only different print carriage), so go on.

--
Yianni

(Remove the number nine from my email address to send me email)

"Tony" wrote in message
news

Meander Holefield wrote:
Hmmm.

Just found some manuals on line for 870-1270. Don't know if this 1280 is
similar.

Anyway ... there's a CR2032 Lithium coin in that 870-1270 series. Guess
it's
time to crack open my 1280 looking for a battery?

Anybody else think so?

//rus\\

I'm not sure but I think the 1280 is the A3 version of the 880. If not it
is
very similar to the other printers in the 1200 series.
Usually there are 4 screws to remove, lift the cover off (after moving the
PG
lever to the + position) followed by a shield over the main board and the
battery should be visible.
The battery does indeed affect the timing of printhead cleaning cycles as
you
have correctly determinded so it is well worth the effort to replace it.
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging