Old November 15th 07, 03:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
goPostal[_2_]

Default card choice?

"DRS" wrote in message
"tony h" wrote in message

Mr E could, perhaps, have phrased his answer better, though his point
is valid.
Every PC is different, and hardware behaves differently in different
configurations.
best thing you can do is run 3dmark on each card (or play your
favorite game), shouldnt take an hour to do both,
then you will have the definitive answer, and you could tell us!

Or he could Google this very group. 99% of all reasonable questions have
already been asked and answered. The 7900GS is faster than an 8600GT
(which is roughly in 7600GT territory). The 8600GTS is in 7900GS
territory.

Yet you find benchmarks like johns (next post down) that show another side.
Is this due to the shader renderer being more advanced on the 8 series?

Guys I sincerely apologize if my post was offensive for being too
simplistic. I've always found NG's to be a great stepping-off point when
learning about something new. I also accept that some groups have certain
regulars who set the tone and at times these can conflict with each other.