Old July 1st 06, 09:13 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,alt.comp.hardware
pen

Default adding memory to compaq question.

"RSF Group" wrote in message
oups.com...

pen wrote:
"anthead" wrote in message
oups.com...

I have an old compaq presario 5220.

I have 63 MB of physical memory or disk space. I need to add up to
256
MB, or at least up to 128 MB. How do add more RAM to my computer?
Can
Presario 5220 take up to 256 MB of space?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

The 5220 can utilize up to 384MB of memory. It has 3 DIMM slots with
max of a 128MB 100 MHz DIMM in each. Crucial sells them for $30 each.
You could buy 2, leave in the 64 MB one and have 320 MB.

Thanks. Do you know any sites that give instruction on installing?

http://www.crucial.com/store/listpar...5220&submit=Go