Old June 24th 03, 03:18 AM
Dan G

The total time of a burn is very dependant on how fast(slow) a drive is at
writing the lead-in and lead-out, the software, etc. If you refer to the
actual time for the data burn, here are some general figures.
52x - 700MB, 2:30
48x - 700 MB, 2:45
40x - 700MB, 3:10

I have an Asus 52x drive that's about 10-15 sec faster, at any speed, than
my LiteOn 52x because it writes the lead-in/out faster.
I burn everything at 40x on TY or RiTEC TG media, and error rates are lower
than pressed CD's. I only use the LiteOn for burning cause it's so reliable
and error rates are the lowest of any drive I've seen.

"Scooter D" wrote in message
m...
I was just wondering what speeds most people are burning at and how long

it takes.

Thanks

Liteon 52*24*52