Old July 16th 18, 11:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

Default New Build

wrote:
I appreciate all the advice and thank you for your knowledge on this, this will be my first gaming build computer and am trying to put together a good set up that's going to hold up to gaming for the next 5 years, and be able to play everything new at the most possible visual quality.
Thanks Paul,-Daniel

I notice you're missing a motherboard.
Was that intentional ?

This is a 300 series, which has a more complete set of
PCIe slots. Some of the other boards only have a couple
PCIe slots and a lot of M.2 connectors.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16813144106

What I find, is I have toys here with x1 connectors (and one with
an x4 connector). And a little flexibility in the slots, gives
me some room to plug the toys in. If you're not a collector
of $40 expansion cards, perhaps this doesn't matter to you.

There are around 67 boards in the $100-$200 range to choose from.

In the reviews for the above board, one overclocker manages
to get the 8600K to 5GHz on multipliers. Not that you have
to overclock of course... At least the board works with 8600K,
which was the point of looking quickly through the reviews.

I'm kinda shocked at the overall price of your system,
but I guess we can blame that on the video card. My
system here has a $40 class video card in it, because
at the time, the video card I wanted had bad drivers
so I said "screw it" and moved on. And I still haven't
fixed that. For one thing, modern video cards are
too damn fat, and take up a lot of space inside the
machine, which means I'll be making more tradeoffs if
I go that way. The $40 video card is a single slot card
with a relatively small heatsink.

Paul