Old March 4th 19, 09:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ant[_3_]

Default Security Bulletin: NVIDIA GPU Display Driver - February 2019

I hope Debian releases the fixes for my decade old GeForce 8800 GT (512
MB of VRAM) video card in oldstable/Jessie v8. I have these packages
right now:
nvidia-alternative 340.106-1
nvidia-detect 340.106-1
nvidia-driver 340.106-1
nvidia-driver-bin 340.106-1
nvidia-installer-clea 20141201+1
nvidia-kernel-common 20141201+1
nvidia-kernel-dkms 340.106-1
nvidia-modprobe 340.46-1
nvidia-settings 340.46-2
nvidia-smi 340.106-1
nvidia-support 20141201+1
nvidia-vdpau-driver:a 340.106-1

King Beowulf wrote:
Nvidia driver user may wish to update their driver due to 8 possible
security vulnerabilities. From Nvidia:

"This update addresses issues that may lead to denial of service,
escalation of privileges, code execution, or information disclosure."

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answ...tail/a_id/4772

See also:

https://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-...dates-Contain-
Security-Fixes

--
Quote of the Week: "I could crush him like an ant. But it would be too
easy. No, revenge is a dish best served cold. I'll bide my time until...