Old February 26th 19, 02:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ron Hardin

Default Upgrade

The minimal HD memory Latitude 3180 at the outlet
store is pretty cheap ($250, less on coupon days)
and offers win10 pro. I got one to be able to
play modern youtube videos, which XP can't deal
with. Use Edge to download Firefox and you're
good to go. Turn off all the awful win10 malware
and declare the network connection to be metered
and it behaves itself pretty well. Also delete
Skype.

Otherwise I'm all XP. Even the Inspiron 1501 with
the AMD processor and 1gb of ram has been up 24/7
since 2007 and recording a streaming radio show
every M-F since then.

I notice my newsreader is Netscape Navigator 2.02
from 1994, which works under XP. Not an early
adopter.