Old January 29th 04, 01:36 PM
Lee Blaver

Ian wrote:

snip
The card is faulty, that's clear - I
think I'm beat and it looks as though I'll have to write off the £70 I
spent on it. XFX / Pine will not be receiving any more of my custom
(what I really want them to do I'll not repeat).

What is the position with regard to consumer protection laws and
component parts anyway, is it the same as for "complete" items?
Would the card count as a complete unit in its own right?

I'd be looking for the retailer to sort this out.
It's too easy to give up when it's "just" £70, I reckon they assume that
most people will not pursue things further when only small amounts are
involved.
The threat of Trading Standards and small claims may be enough, even if
you don't intend perusing it

Lee
--
To reply use lee.blaver and ntlworld.com