Old August 4th 04, 12:27 PM
Andy Lee

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 00:42:56 -0700, Arthur
wrote:

Anyone trusting Windoze to a BIOS update is a real amateur or dumb.

Yeah yeah yeah strange that in using the windows update tool for as
long as it's been out and I've been usunig ASUS boards I've never had
a problem with it. Mind you I've used plenty of DOS based flash
programs and never had a problem with those either.

I've also tried the ROM based flash progam and that worked as well
maybe I'm lucky but they all worked just fine for me.

What are the odds of a Windoze abend, blue screen, or worse as apposed
to KISS DOS? Asus is doing users a real disservice IMO promoting a
less secure and reliable BIOS update program for the sake of glitz,
laziness, and incompetent users who should not be updating a BIOS if
they can not deal with DOS..

What does having the ability to use DOS have to do with updating the
BIOs on a m/b how about all those Linux users they seem to manage ok
with out it. Maybe it's you who has a problem using Windows based
progams and can only manage simple DOS based programs.

That's Keep It Simple, Stupid in case you don't know.
arthur
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:06:22 GMT, "{SFU}Xeon" wrote:
I myself didn't have a problem updating the bios in my A7N8X-X mobo. I used
the windows based AsusUpdate, worked like a charm, and now, my bios will
accept upto 600mhz FSB, and my 1gb of Geil pc3200 ram runs at 200mhz 400
actual. Perhaps there are alot of amature's or wanna B's trying to flash
the bios ehy?