Old November 20th 17, 06:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
PeterC

Default new version 57 of FireFox today

On Mon, 20 Nov 2017 09:51:21 +0600, Yousuf Khan wrote:

On 15/11/2017 6:31 PM, Mark wrote:
If it really is faster, that's great. I nearly stopped using Firefox
because of the poor performance.

I never had any problems with Firefox performance (until it started
filling up RAM). My main problem now is that a lot of useful little
add-ons have stopped working with little prospect of being replaced in
the paradigm.

Yousuf Khan

I started using Fx 57 at about Beta 10. Much faster than previous versions
but still used a lot of RAM - about 700MB just to open up.
Couldn't find many extensions that worked, especially those that make it
useable (mouse and keyboard mainly, with some GUI).

Anyway, Moonchild's Basilisk is available in Alpha form: it's as fast as
Quantum and opens on about 300MB of RAM. It seems to use some more as tabs
are open and release it as tabs are closd.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...Basilisk.shtml
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away