Old November 15th 17, 05:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
PeterC

Default new version 57 of FireFox today

On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 12:31:08 +0000, Mark wrote:

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 23:10:14 -0600, Lynn McGuire
wrote:

Well, I got the new version 57 of FireFox today. New and Improved with
all new Quantum technology (whatever the crap that is). It is
noticeably faster and has new color skins (blander, much blander).

If it really is faster, that's great. I nearly stopped using Firefox
because of the poor performance.

Same here. Tried Cyberfox, but it took ~5s to open and then ~5s to load
Startpage.
Went to Pale Moon, ~2s to open and ~3s to load Startpage.
The new Fx is about 3s and ready to go, but it uses a lot more RAM than PM.
There's also the issue of few useful extensions, so it's clunky to use, e.g.
R-click-L-click done with Fire Gestures installed. There a lots of things
that I'd need to make me change - like 4GB RAM extra - on a 32-bit OS!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away