Old June 24th 16, 11:24 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Lynn McGuire[_2_]

Default Today is my semiannual archival day

Today is my semiannual archival day. Tonight, I will run a full office LAN backup on one of the remaining 4 TB WD external USB hard
drives that we own. I backup our office LAN to an external hard drive each Friday. This will give a mirror image of around 3 TB
plus all of the backups that I have previously run using this hard drive. I never delete files or reformat these backup drives
unless they run out of space so they grow over time. Of course, we also run the three office LAN backups that we normally run every
day to internal hard drives.

Monday, the 4 TB external drive will go into the offsite archival place. I will unbox the new 6 TB WD external USB hard drive and
backup the office LAN to it for the first time. Then it will go into the normal seven backup drive weekly rotation.

I see that WD now has 8 TB external USB hard drives for $250 versus $189 for the 6 TB drive. Hmm, might be time to jump again. I
was a late adopter on the 6 TB drives.
https://www.amazon.com/Book-Desktop-...dp/B00KU686HI/

Lynn