Old February 9th 17, 07:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John McGaw

Default MS Mouse Replacement

On 2/9/2017 12:18 PM, Bill wrote:
SC Tom wrote:
I have a Microsoft Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KA7PD0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
that is getting a bit iffy at times. It's a beast of a mouse, but I love
it- the way it fits my hand, the easily accessible buttons, etc. I've
tried a few different mice, looking for a decent replacement for it, but
have found nothing that comes close to it for me. Here are a few I've
tried:\

Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX (This was the closest, but quit
working less than 3 months after I bought it. Logitech was no help in
fixing/replacing it):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HWRJBM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anker Ergonomic USB 2.4G Wireless Vertical Mouse (close, but too vertical):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018LR04B8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Logitech M510 Wireless Large Mouse (not really a "large" mouse, or at
least large enough for me):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NR57BY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

AnkerŪ Full-Size Ergonomic Wireless Mouse (very close, but quite large
enough. This is the one I will probably stick with if I can't anything
else closer to the MS):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B0TXEEY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My hands aren't all THAT big that everything should feel so small (I wear
a medium glove). I guess it's just the bulk of the 6000 that makes the
rest feel puny. And I did give most of them at least a month of use
before going back to the 6000, so it wasn't just a 10-minute "This mouse
sucks" decision.

If anyone has a suggestion for a similar mouse that isn't exorbitantly
priced (I'd like to stay well under US$50 if possible), I would like to
hear your experiences with one.

TIA!!

I wear a large glove and "I feel your pain". The configuration I've been
using for a few years is to have the mouse on a book (for comfort, I also
put a washcloth under my wrist) . Having to "reach" for it makes the mouse
seem a big bigger. I was willing to pay $100 for the right mouse, but
didn't find one. The cost of this solution is *nada*. Good luck!

All good reasons why I gave up on mice altogether. Now I use nothing but
Logitech 'thumb' trackballs. Whenever I'm force by circumstances to use a
mouse (especially on a small work surface) or touch pad I'm reminded
immediately how clumsy any mouse is as a pointing device. I guess YMMV as
always but a really good trackball is probably worth a try.