Old February 13th 15, 03:14 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage
cjt

Default Backblaze dumps hard drive data

On 02/09/2015 08:42 AM, Arno wrote:
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Ant wrote:
On 2/5/2015 3:55 PM, (Neill Massello) wrote:
Enjoy.

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-data-feb2015/

(H/T Josh Centers at TidBITS.)

Ooh, a new one. What about other companies beside Backblaze? I'd like to
see various reports from others.

I have not seen anything. I guess these others are cowards. Or rather
Backblaze if one of the very few non-cowards that dare naming names.

One of the "nice" side-effects of litigation cultu You do not get
critically neded data anymore, because somebody could object...

Arno

I'd be a lot more interested in seeing reliability data of drives
operated within their specs.