Old February 1st 08, 09:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Geoff

Default 1920 x 1080 hdtv videos?

The pricing schemes can reach parity, if you look around. If there
isn't parity, then one manufacturer would run away with sales.

I disagree that one would run away with sales, it depends on a person's
preference. Some people are more comfortable with the Intel name, like a
company asking IBM to do work for them. Others can do it better and cheaper
in many cases but IBM (and Intel) have the name recognition.

Second, Intel runs on Intel chips, so, in theory, everything works better.
If you want the best Unix, buy HP-UX, but it only runs on HP hardware.
Compatibility and choice/price are the trade-offs. I personally have never
had any AMD/chipset issues.

Thirdly, AMD has a better performance/price ratio, however, for those who
want the fastest CPU on the planet, they can buy all Intel.

--g