Old March 31st 04, 10:37 PM
BigBadger

Looking at it that way even PC1600 memory is rated for a 400MHz
'FSB'....(with a FSB / Memory ratio of 4/1)

"Hippy Paul" wrote in message

"BigBadger" wrote in message
No memory in the world is rated for 400MHz......PC3200 runs at 200MHz.

The
400DDR is just marketing BS.

Yeah it is, but it is so prevalent that even some overclocking websites

have
things like "400mhz fsb" in their sales blurb when they mean pc3200 - I

was
just going to let it slide as I knew what they meant,

But if we are all going to be pedantic - if there were such a thing as
400mhz fsb in the amd world, the memory could be run at a fsb/memory ratio
of 2:1 - so the answer is still yes.
- but you would still have to get CAS right