Old November 1st 04, 09:22 AM
David Maynard

Michael Brown wrote:

David Maynard wrote:
[...]

The CPU *does* have a 'multiplier'.

Oooo, you're lucky you put that in quotes :P

It wasn't 'luck'. I use single quotes to denote irony, the 'colloquial
gist' (sometimes akin to irony), or non literal use of a word/phrase.

In that case I was indicating the colloquial gist of the function and not
necessarily a literal.

__________________Processor Package_______________
| |
System | |
clock -- CPU pin -- phase lock loop -- internal CPU clock |
| ^ | |
| | | |

Yes, I know I'm being picky

Technically what you did was break the block diagram down further and show
how the phase lock loop accomplishes the multiply. Both are appropriate,
depending on what one is trying to convey: how the multiplier works or
simply that there's a multiplier.

--
Michael Brown
www.emboss.co.nz : OOS/RSI software and more