Old July 4th 03, 04:58 AM
Czuba

Thanks, but I have been emailing (back & forth) the tech support for the
past couple days, and so far we haven't been able to figure it out. It
wouldn't hurt to give them a call after the holiday weekend. I'll try
Netscape next. Thanks again. Kathy C.

tomcas wrote:

Sorry but I set him up with Outlook Express so I doubt if his settings
are going to help you there. I suggest you contact Artec
(714-854-7750) or email
(http://www.artec-us.com/Tech_support_form.htm). They might just
surprise you. I was impressed with the tech help when I called about
an installation problem. You might also try emailing Netscape for help.

Czuba wrote:

Hi Tom: I know exactly what you are talking about. Is there any way
you can check and see what your friend's setting or folder he is
using for email setting? Mine is set to C:\ScanPanel/TmpMail and
that is where I find my scanned image, so I know the scanner works.
Now if I could just get the image to appear automatically in the
email like it should with using the "one touch email button", I would
be happy. Thanks for any help or suggestions. Kathy C.

tomcas wrote:

I recently installed this scanner on a pc for a friend and from what
I recall you can make the setting changes through the Scan Panel
application. Usually you can access this by double clicking on the
Scan Panel Icon next to the system clock. If for some reason the
icon is not there it probably needs to be configured to auto start
with your pc or it somehow got removed from your StartUp directory.
In any case you can always access it by StartProgramse+
48UScanPanel. Once you've opened ScanPanel click on the settings
button (looks like a old street sign post). Then click on the email
tab and make your setting changes. Sorry, I can't remember much more
but you will probably find better help at the OEM site which is
http://www.artecusa.com/
Tom

Czuba wrote:

I recently uninstalled my Memorex scanner (Mem48U) due to problems
with Netscape and/or memory, and now I cannot get it to function
the correct way for "one button email", when reinstalled. The
other "one touch buttons" work fine. When I click on the "one
button email", my scanner scans the image, and a new email opens in
Netscape. However, my image is not included. . Even though the
manual states it is for "Outlook Express", I was previously able to
use the "one button email" to scan my image and have it directly
delivered to my email - (Netscape Communicator 4.8). I have since
upgraded to the latest version of Netscape (7.02), which solved my
Netscape/memory problems I believe it might just be something
simple like a setting, but I have been looking for days, and can't
find the source of my problem. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks. Kathy C.