Old January 11th 06, 11:54 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Compaq Deskpro EN 6266 & 1790 *Update*

"Nick Le Lievre" wrote in message
"Nick Le Lievre" wrote in message
"Felix" wrote in message

Did I have some hassle trying to ghost it though. I had a boot cd with

Ghost
on it (but no copy command) and a boot floppy setup for networking support
(ie no Ghost program or copy command etc). I had to disconnect the 2.1gb
connect the 1.2gb to primary with the CD Rom on the secondary and boot

from
cd. The 1.2gb had a FAT32 partition already on it with Windows 98

installed.
So I changed directory to c:\windows\system and used the move command to
move r:\ghostpe.exe to c:\ Then I booted from floppy and used the move
command to move c:\ghostpe.exe a:\ Then I connected both the 2.1gb & 1.2gb
and during a power on where the 2.1gb actually spun up I booted from

floppy
and ran Ghostpe

You say why not connect the 2 hard drives and the CD Rom at the same time
then boot from CD and run Ghostpe off the CD - but I only have 2 IDE cables
(with no extra IDE connections on them) so I couldn't connect all 3
simultaneously. I was lucky that the 1.2gb had a previous Windows98
installation.