Old June 24th 03, 01:53 PM
Alex Johnson

Default Prescott chips - difference?

boe wrote:
Can someone fill me in on the difference between the next generation chips
the Prescott and the current P4s?

Thanks

The well known differences are that it will be on a smaller process
(90nm SOI vs 130nm) allowing the chip to run faster at the same
temperature or even lower temperature, the chip will have a full 1MB of
second level cache vs the current half megabyte, and there will be a
number of tweaks to problem parts of the chip which will probably not be
noticed.

Alex
--
My words are my own. They represent no other; they belong to no other.
Don't read anything into them or you may be required to compensate me