Old November 16th 03, 07:38 PM
The Kruegers

Did you just recently update your ATI video driver (either manally or thru
Windows update)? If so, try "rolling back" to the previous driver. I have a
desktop with an ATI video card and had immediate problems since I downloaded
their latest driver. By going back to the old driver, it took care of my
problem.

"SSeaW" SSeaW AT comcast DOT net wrote in message
Hi

I have never had issues before playing DVD's on my notebook now today all

of
a sudden, I keep getting that 'blue screen'.

This is the message I get:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent

damage
to your computer.

TECH INFO:

*** STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0XBFA4346A, 0XEEFF9A8C, 0X000000000)

*** ati3d1ag.dll - Address BFA4346A base at BF9FE000, Datestamp 3e87aa9a

It appears to be a ATI 3D driver, that much I can tell but I don't know

how
to fix the problem. This has never happened before and I have the latest
drivers for my video card (ATI Radeon Mobility 7500).

My computer is a Compaq Presario 1525US notebook, Windows XP, P 4 2.4, 512
memory, 40GB harddrive, toshiba DVD drive, toshiba harddrive etc.

Can anyone help me out here? My warranty with Compaq has expired so they
will charge me if I call them.

Thanks.