Old March 7th 04, 12:33 PM
Gerald

Default RocketRaid 1640 + Sound card problems

Hi,

I’ve just purchased a RocketRaid 1640 controller but have run into a
problem with my sound card.

I have 4 x 80GB SATA hard drives attached to the 1640 in a RAID 5 set.
My sound card is a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy.

Other specs:
OS: Windows XP Pro
CPU: P4 3.2GHz (800FSB)
RAM: 1GB (DDR400)
SM: ABit IC7 MAX

Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

The problem is whenever the hard drives are reading/writing data the
music playing via the sound card becomes very crackly and distorted
making it impossible to listen to.

I have installed the latest sound card drivers but this has made no
difference. The 1640 Controller driver and BIOS version is 2.0.3.0
(latest).

I've tried increasing the AGP/PCI MHz ratio, tried using the onboard
sound card instead, even tried configuring the hard drivers as ATA66
instead of ATA150. None of which made any difference

Is there anything I can do to stop the RAID controller interfering
with the sound card?

Any help will be most appreciated!

Thank you,
Gerald