Old December 7th 18, 06:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Switched out CPU

On Fri, 07 Dec 2018 05:01:44 -0500, Flasherly
wrote:

Initially had problems, fixed when I turned off BIOS: AMD Auto Pwr
Management.

-

That's not AMD PWR MNGMT. I'd turned off the AMD K8 Cool And Quiet.
If anything, without the latter, I'm stabler on the FX than with the
Phenom II;- the Phenom ran fine enough with K8 C&Q, though.

Also not seeing any appreciable differences over anything in
particular, temperature-wise, since I plugged in the FX last evening,
whether or not overclocked by 400MHz.

I can see to know about multiplers, no longer hidden, that reach
between a x30-40 range.

Ergo sum - there's nothing imperfectly empirical to keep on
overclocking to 10GHz.

I should write AMD recommend they rename a FX4100 Slave, because it
likes to be flayed upon.