Old November 5th 18, 09:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bill[_39_]

Default RAM temperature sensors needed soon.

wrote:
This is probably a golden opertunity for companies like ASRock which have patents on or licenses patents on overheat protection circuitry for motherboards.

This type of invention/circuitry could and probably should be extended to RAM chips... to protect RAM chips against overheat.

Full system shutdown is recommended.

Also windows/bios and such need to be updated to give feedback of what happened after the shutdown and restart/reboot to diagnose the problem.

Would be nice if windows event log has an entry like:

"System shut down due to RAM overheating".

Bye,
Skybuck.

Windows does have something similar. NAV used to cause my system
to crash when it woke up the system to perform updates. I think
the CPU didn't like the "power rush", and Windows DID create an
event for it. After diagnosing and screwing around with the
problem for a few weeks, I got a different antivirus
program--problem solved.