Old February 24th 08, 07:15 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
goo_lu1

Default How to made XP add SATAII HDD to hardware list

On 2$B7n(B24$BF|(B, $Be8a(B1$B;~(B50$BJ,(B, "Eric Gisin" wrote:
"goo_lu1" wrote in message

... Previously my Western Digital SATA HDD had problem. I replaced a new
WD3200AAJS one from dealer. I connected that HDD to one SATA port in
my Gigabyte GA-8S655FX motherboard. The BIOS settings for SATA were
set as below:

Sis Serial ATA Controller [Enabled] (available options: Enabled or
Disabled)
Sis Serial ATA Mode [RAID] (available options: IDE or RAID)

You want IDE mode, then the Microsoft IDE driver will load.

Tks! The suggestion works. But I would like to know if the IDE option
has anything related to IDE i.e. will my SATA perform as SATA-I (the
board only supports SATA-I) HDD or its performance is no difference as
an ordinary IDE HDD ?