Old February 23rd 08, 05:50 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Eric Gisin

Default How to made XP add SATAII HDD to hardware list

"goo_lu1" wrote in message
Previously my Western Digital SATA HDD had problem. I replaced a new
WD3200AAJS one from dealer. I connected that HDD to one SATA port in
my Gigabyte GA-8S655FX motherboard. The BIOS settings for SATA were
set as below:

Sis Serial ATA Controller [Enabled] (available options: Enabled or
Disabled)
Sis Serial ATA Mode [RAID] (available options: IDE or RAID)

You want IDE mode, then the Microsoft IDE driver will load.