Old November 29th 17, 02:59 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
NIl

Default Build advice sought...

On 27 Nov 2017, Larc wrote in
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt:

If the OP doesn't intend to overclock anything, H270 could also be
a consideration. I opted for an ASRock H270 the last time I bought
a motherboard and have been totally happy with it. This ASUS H270
supports 6th (for Win 7) and 7th generation CPUs and has 2 PCI
slots.

I'd like the otion to overclock. I like to tinker.

I'd skip Win 7 and go ahead with Win 10. Even though MS isn't
publicizing it, Win 7 keys are still working to activate Win 10 as
long as the Home/Pro level is the same.

I'm determined to stick with Windows 7 for now. I have an unused
license I've saving for this project. If I feel forced into Win10
later, this machine will certainly run that well.