Old June 25th 03, 07:21 PM
neon

I've been through a slew of Asus & Abit boards. These last few years, the
Abit boards bite the dust after a year (no overclocking). After switching
over to Intel boards I discovered what "troublefree" computing was all
about. I've had great success with their D815 and D845 series of boards,
and am looking forward to getting a D875 based solution topped off with a
nice 3ghz 800mhz FSB HT enabled Processor. My present D845PEBT2 is a real
performer with 100% stability. I also love their bios flash
method......download the file, run it from within windows, reboot....and
play.
My AMD experience has been great with MSI.

"John" wrote in message
I have built a few AMD systems. I have always used epox motherboards and
been very satisfied. I had read at some time though they built a better
motherboard for AMD than pentium. I am thinking of building my first

pentium
system. I guess everything will be very similar except mounting of heat
sink. I know this is a wide open question, but I was not sure what the
overall opinions were on a very stable motherboard for a pentium, Looked

at
intel, asus, epox, any other suggestions would be helpful. THinking of
building a P4 system and get the chip with hyperthreading. Anything else

You
folks could enlighten me on would be appreciated.
Thanks