Old June 3rd 04, 10:15 AM
R. Damian Koziel

Default Farley "Building Storage Networks" Question...

Greetings All.

I'm making my way through Farley's "Building Storage Networks".
Chapter 2 Exercise Question 1 states "If a componet's reliability is
calculated at 98%, what is the reliability of five of these components
working together in a subsystem? What is the reliability if there are
ten such components?"

The chapter itself touched briefly on this topic and my Google search
turned up www.zzyzx.com/products/whitepapers/pdf/ (MTBF and
Availability Primer). Although very informative, it didn't seem to
contain the necessary information to help me answer this question.
Does anyone know if the question is asking for a percentage or are
they looking for a MTBF value?

Thanks!

R. Damian Koziel