Old December 3rd 03, 08:27 AM
jimbo

Well I'm trying to install the software, it asked for the serial number
which I provided, when when it comes to the product key I don't have it. Is
there a way to get it off the Cd itself?

"Kevin Childers" wrote in message
Check the Registry. I forget where exactly, but the number is stored

there.

KC

"jimbo" wrote in message
om...
Well I tried to restore my compaq presario 1230, but don't have the

manual
with the product key. I bought this laptop from a friend since the

screen
was bad. Come to find out that it was just a $40 cable..

I've tried dozens of product keys that I have from computers that I

don't
need anymore. Does anyone know if the CD can only use 1 very specific
product key? Is there a way to extract a key from the CD? I'm not

trying
to do anything illegal, just trying to use what I currently have.

thanks in advance..
jimbo505 (at) msn.com

---

---