Old December 2nd 03, 02:27 AM
jimbo

Default Presario 1230 Restore Cd, missing product key

Well I tried to restore my compaq presario 1230, but don't have the manual
with the product key. I bought this laptop from a friend since the screen
was bad. Come to find out that it was just a $40 cable..

I've tried dozens of product keys that I have from computers that I don't
need anymore. Does anyone know if the CD can only use 1 very specific
product key? Is there a way to extract a key from the CD? I'm not trying
to do anything illegal, just trying to use what I currently have.

thanks in advance..
jimbo505 (at) msn.com

---