Old May 10th 04, 09:33 AM
smh

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Howard Kaikow wrote:

Why the hell cant anyone produce reliable packet writing software
(and I dont mean the flaws in the format) but the software itself?

The problem is not the format, it is the inept implementation of the
standards.

Mike Richter on Packet Writing Format (vii)

"the fault is not with the software but with the format"

( Graham Mayor (MS MVP) not only swallowed the above cockamamie )
( hook, line and sinker, but actively spreads the garbage! )

======================
From: Mike Richter (Friggin Scum)
Date: 5/7/03

You appear to be writing fixed-length packets, recognized to be by
far the least reliable and most fragile format available for CD.

In fact, I use erasable media only for test; they tend to be
forgetful. However, written in packets they're worse than merely
unreliable for some files; they are likely to cost you the whole
disc.

The issue is not the software but the format.
======================

After blaming all the DirectCD bugs on the faulty "format", the Slimy
Scum spewed these:

======================
From: Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum)
Subject: Keeping Old Data Disks Readable
Date: 2/28/04

Fixed-length packets create the least reliable, most fragile
format available for writing CDs.

However, they can still be read
if written to the standard (as DCD always has).
======================

Wow! The faulty "format" is no problem after all!

Wonder whatever happened to all those DirectCD bugs Mikey weaseled out
with "the least reliable and most fragile format" cockamamie, like this
one:

From: Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum)
Date: 5/7/03

I have been a user of Dell computers and Roxio Direct CD
In all fairness to Dell, I believe the main culprit here is Roxio.

5. I put in a previously formatted cd to be written on, one that
has previously written data, and the Direct CD sreen comes on,
saying the cd is blank.

You appear to be writing fixed-length packets, recognized to be
by far the least reliable and most fragile format available for CD.

The issue is not the software but the format.

Wonder what's there to read from a blank cd ???!!!

Mikey, you are a Friggin' ****!