Old November 26th 13, 01:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default [Update] Intel G33 motherboard's AHCI not detecting hard disks

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 18:56:57 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
wrote:

It's time to move forward and sell those old 250G hard disks anyway.

Strange, I've never had one of my 200/250G Seagates rejected on any
MB. I really like them for beater OS HDs. Divide up some primary
partitions for a few operating systems, a little storage for the rest.
Only problem is it's nice to keep it down to 2 spinning HDs, over
three - less clutter, heat, peak or constant power draws. Unless one
is a SSD, which doesn't use resources though doesn't then give a 250G
much function. I also at one point was angling a SSD boot-installed
arbitrator, defined to boot from the 250. I was having trouble getting
the MD/SSD combo to boot from the SSD's partitions, though eventually
"fixed" it in my own way. Its boot arbitrator is not setup the same
as a spinning platter install, nor am I exactly sure why it works;-
Been awhile and I've half forgotten how I did it, too. (Wasn't
supposed to work, what I attempted though managed, I read, that my MB
support for a SSD wasn't within current specs.)