Old September 11th 03, 07:41 AM
CP

Default QuickRestore error

Attempting to do a QR on Presario 5330US.
QR completes fine, no errors, reads all 3 CD's and then starts Window
set-up. Tries to verify harddrive but gives me a message not enough
memory. I skip it and then I start getting 'not able to copy file'
message. I end set-up knowing something's f'ed-up.
Compaq tell me to delete all partitions from my drive using FDISK and
then retry QR.
I do but I get a 134:4 error. What does 134:4 error mean?
Compaq tells me to call 800# and talk to s/w engineer but due to the
incredibly long wait-on-hold time I end up hanging up w/o talking to
anyone.