Old May 1st 20, 05:26 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Why is this folder so slow?

On 5/1/2020 5:11 AM, Paul wrote:
If you kept your original setup with the 500000 files,
you might try updating to 60.9.1 or so, and trying
to flip the control using that version. It seemed to
unsubscribe me from the one group I'd selected, but
it seems to have worked. I haven't had time to do much
other testing yet.

Well, I have been completely uptodate on the Thunderbird releases for a
while now. I was running 68.7, even before this.

I think what's happening here is that Thunderbird wasn't expecting there
to be such long-term'ers like me continuously using their product. I'd
been using Thunderbird since version 0.something, and what was around
back then, is not what is around now, and so they never expected that
I'd be around since back then, and they had no plans for how to migrate
old-timers like me. So they just kept using the old format files in my
setup, even though the new format already existed, but they just ignored it.

Yousuf Khan