Old July 10th 04, 06:23 PM
Outback Jon

Lindsay wrote:
I started the comp and got a message that read SMART predicts that a
failure is imminent blah blah blah.
Now that didnt show up before i switch the wires. Could that be the
cause? Should I just hit "f1" and continue? or should I do something
else? I WAS fetting a different error before that. it read "failed to
write ESCD." So im not really sure what to do here. I've got alot of
important crap on there.

Backup the hard drive IMMEDIATELY. I've had a couple of drives indicate
SMART failures. One continued to work for months. One created more and
more errors as I continued to use it. And one died COMPLETELY a few weeks
after getting the error.

It is doubtful that the wires are causing the problem.

--
"Outback" Jon Gould | Let those who RIDE,
2003 Kawasaki Concours (wreck)|
| HELMET LAWS SUCK
CQ CQ CQ de KC2BNE |
AMD XP 2400+ @ 2180 MHz 768M PC2100 DDR @ 290 MHz
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe 120GB and 40GB Maxtor HD
Asus GeForceFX 5600 (330/650) Cornerstone 21" Monitor
Sony 52x40x52 CDRW NEC MultiSync 17" Monitor
Sony 8X DVD+-RW Nostromo n50 Speedpad
http://folding.stanford.edu - got folding? Team 33432