Old April 30th 09, 02:47 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
William R. Walsh

Default CMOS bad ? factory default settings

Hi!

My somewhat educated guess is that it would work with any system carrying a
true Compaq BIOS and with an FN key.

I say "educated" because I once found a set of keystrokes to turn on a
software keyboard click on a Compaq XT-class system described in Peter
Norton's "Inside The IBM PC" book. To my complete amazement, it worked
perfectly on my then current laptop, a Contura 410C. I guess the code to
support that feature never was removed, at least not to that point.

William