Old December 8th 08, 01:59 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
William R. Walsh

Default SFRAM memory chip - following previous post below

Hi!

Hello again. With the RAM replaced, and tests checking out, the
Compaq is working fine and I'm sure noticeably smoother. I just
wanted, though, to check something about the RAM I was sent. It says
SFRAM - usually it's SDRAM isn't it? Is this okay?

I've never heard of SFRAM...and Google was short on relevant hits. As best I
can tell, SFRAM is a type of nonvolatile memory, comparable to SRAM (static
RAM, or memory that holds its contents when power is shut off).

If anything, that would make it a "better" grade of product, as SRAM is
typically much more expensive than conventional DRAM (dynamic RAM) which
does not hold its contents for very long after losing power.

I would not give it a second thought if your Compaq computer seems to
operate normally *and* if it can pass the Memtest program after running for
several hours...possibly overnight.

William