Old July 1st 08, 11:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
- Bobb -

Default Mystery motherboards - Compaq Deskpro SB - won't boot

"Peter Allison" wrote in message
I have acquired three Socket 370 motherboards, marked 305 Rev0AS21, also
with part numbers 011305-101 and 011306-000.

https://www.serversupply.com/product...p?q=011305-101

http://www.serversupply.com/MOTHERBO...011305-101.htm

From what I can tell these are the basis for a Deskpro SB (?) machine,
but none of them will boot! They have on-board graphics, and a memory
card marked "4Mb AIMM 133Mhz CL3" is provided for the AGP slot.

http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Samsung-...-Memory-Module

I have tried various processors and memory sticks - the LEDs on the
board light when I plug in the PS and trip the 'power on' pins, but no
boot!

By 'BOOT' do you mean " any visible power up sequence " ?
or do you have a drive in there ?

I notice that some of the pins to the panel are marked SCSI LED and
LOOPBACK - are either of these crucial to the boot sequence?

Any help appreciated!!

Peter Allison
Swindon, UK.

Do you know memory cards are good ?
If you remove memory - do you get beep code ?

The SCSI LED would just show disk activity.
"Loopback pins" This is on the front panel ? or motherboard ?
===
BTW all HP Socket 370 motherboards on his site:
http://www.shopping.com/-socket+370+...boards+Hewlett