Old June 9th 05, 12:50 AM
Follow homepage to email me

In article , Ben Myers wrote:

I'm not sure if an Adaptec 2940 is right, either. If these drives are low
voltage differential (LVD), then you need a SCSI host adapter that
supports LVD, like the Adaptec 29160. Some drives operate in either LVD
or single-ended mode, usually set via a jumper. Check the specs on the
drives... Ben Myers

The 36G drives are ultra-wide SCSIs, same with the 9G, though UW SCSI3.
The Adaptec I mentioned was the 2940U2W, which supports the SCSI3s and
LVD/SE drives. I've got a Symbios controller, though the drives do the
same on it. I've got the adapter card that converts from HD68 to the
drive's plugs.

In the meantime, I'll be playing around with the drives a bit more using
the manufacturer's diagnostic utilities.

Any other suggestions or have I done everything?