Old May 31st 05, 04:43 AM
NuTCrAcKeR

what HBA's are you using? its less a function of the FCAL bridge/switch you
are using, and more a factor of the HBA's. True, the RA4x00 doesnt allow you
to boot from that storage whilst using the StorageWorks /P (32bit and 64bit)
adapters, but I have often wondered if it could be bootable (if properly
presented) to a QLogic or Emulex HBA that has the boot bios on the card.

- LC

"Will" wrote in message
I'm using an ADIC fibre channel bridge in front of a straight SCSI LVD
4214R
enclosure.

We want to be able to boot from the drives in the enclosure, which is why
we
didn't use the RA4100 for this application. That controller works fine
for
data but simply doesn't get seen as a boot device, probably because the
special Compaq fibre channel host adapters have no configurable BIOS and
cannot have BIOS enabled.

--
Will
Internet: westes AT earthbroadcast.com

"NuTCrAcKeR" wrote in message
FibreChannel ... is that an RA4000 or RA4100? Some other HPaq
fibrechannel
system ?

- LC