Old August 11th 09, 09:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Postman Delivers

Default Compaq Presairo SR2050NX Motherboard died

Compaq Presairo SR2050NX Motherboard died, and e-bay had a RC410-M
rev:1.1 listed for $34 US Dollars...

Just got it today, installed the CPU, Heat Sink/Fan applying a bit of
Arctic 5. Booted up WinXP after checking the hardware with SimplyMepis
8.

The only anomaly was two dialog boxes indicating I had recovered from a
serious error send the report to Microsoft.

I am doing a virus scan now, seems to be more than a few Trojans, and
more tracking cookies than I have seen in a long long time...

I tested the Bestec Power supply (Model ATX-300-12z Rev.:CDR S/N
0608S2029089) not a stitch of voltage on the P7 plug. Looking over the
motherboard carefully I found only one bulging cap near the end of the
Video card slot.

This system is almost dust free, and that was the only visible malady I
could locate on the Motherboard. A good cap student could repair this
motherboard removing the cheap caps, and putting some quality units on
the motherboard.

I realize this computer has been used much longer than the warranty, but
there is no reason HP, eMachine and Dell kept assembling computer systems
using Bestec and Delta power supplies without any circuit protection.

They all should have their pocketbooks taken apart for all the troubles
this fatal bean counting greed has cause computer users for years...

JR