Old February 26th 05, 07:34 PM

It has both connections, digital and analog. When I had the digital plugged
in, I did have the digital output box checked. The sound card works. It's
not a hardware problem but rather a software issue. Everything is working
now that I upgraded except that I'm using the analog connection rather than
the digital one. Don't know why this is.
"Glennbo" wrote in message

"J" wrote in message news:8r2Ud.39828$s16.27904@trndny02...
I had installed my older drivers originally because of the problems I had
before with these newer drivers. BTW, there is nothing more recent on
Creative's site. These are the latest drivers for my card. You'd think
they'd come out with newer ones, right? Anyway, I may try what you
suggest. I'll see. I'm just inclined to leave well enough alone at this
point. Thanks.

"Lenny" wrote in message

"J" skrev i meddelandet news:AOPTd.70219$g16.36316@trndny08...
One other addendum to my initial message. I just tried the analog
connection rather than the digital connection and now I get sound. Why
wouldn't the digital connection work after upgrading?

Oh, I don't know, maybe because you "upgraded" to drivers that are two
years old? Is there nothing more recent at Creative's website?

You shouldn't start with installing the oldest set you have off a CD by
the way and then overwriting it with something else. Install the newest
set first. Each time you overwrite existing files and registry entries
there's a chance something has changed between versions that will cause
conflicts or incompatibilities. I'd recommend you uninstall the lot and
use Creative's driver remover tool as well, then install most recent
driver package. Use the online auto-update feature if possible.

Silly question but I have got to ask. Is your amp/speaker setup analogue
or digital? i.e. do you connect to the green 3.5mm socket or do you use
the SPDIF connector. If you use the green socket then you will need to
uncheck the 'digital ouput only' option. If you use the SPDIF, uncheck the
digital option and plug some ananlogue speakers or headphoes to the green
socket and listen for any sound output. At least this will prove whether
the card is working or not.

Failing that, uninstall the drivers and start again!

Glennbo