Old February 26th 05, 12:50 AM

Default Sound Blaster Live Value! w/ Win XP

I recently reimaged my PC (I'm using Win XP btw with SP2). I installed the
Creative drivers from the disc that originally came with the PC. I have a
Sound Blaster Live Value Card and the disc says version 4.06.628. Sound
worked fine although I couldn't get the mixer to work. Starting it would
give me an error of mixer failed to initialize. Just a few minutes ago, I
updated my Creative software/drivers with the LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG).exe
(SBLW-XPWEB-W4-US) dated Feb. 28th 2003. Everything went fine with the
installation. Mixer starts fine. Only problem is that I don't have any
sound. None at all. The digital output only is checked. I ran the
diagnostics and everything passed. I just can't get any sound. I've messed
around with this whole upgrading process before I reimaged my PC and the
only solution was to roll back the drivers. I set a restore point before I
updated so it's simply a case of restoring and voila, I'll have my sound
back. But it's just bugging the hell out of me as to why no sound comes out
my speakers when everything seems to be working just fine.