Old October 30th 03, 05:57 PM
Alex Johnson

Peter Perlsų wrote:
Perhaps that should be GHz, but anyhow...

I feel that Intel has relaxed their posture after AMD announced that
they stepped off the frequency bandwagon.

Question - when was the 3.06 GHz P4 introduced ?

How about the 3.2 ?

It boils down to this - how long is the wait for new, faster chips,
these days ?

A long time.

3.06/533 was mid-Nov 02 (11/14/02)
3.0/800 was mid-Apr 03 (04/14/03)
3.2/800 was late-Jun 03 (06/23/03)
3.2/800 EE was mid-Sep 03 (10/16/03 - if you accept IDF as the
introduction...parts are still not availible, I hear)

Looks like to go from 3GHz to 3.4GHz will take more than a year (Nov 02
- Q1 04) while going from 2GHz to 3GHz was done in less than a year.
It is sad to compare the two, but you ought to know by now clock speed
is not everything (and in fact is becoming more counter-productive).

Alex
--
My words are my own. They represent no other; they belong to no other.
Don't read anything into them or you may be required to compensate me