Old February 2nd 05, 02:37 AM
hamidbm

Default System freezes during Boot

I recenly started experiencing a unique intemittent problem. My system
starts to boot but freezes just before it is supposed to test the memory.
I am unable to give a keyboard command to enter CMOS, Control Alt Del does
not work. I am unable to switch it off either. I have to switch off the
power at the back. I am occasionally able to boot and all of a sudden
while running windows, the system automatically restarts and hangs up at
the same point. I tried changing the memory, I even formatted my hard
drive on one of the occasions that I was able to boot. ( I have two
partitions and formatted only the c: partition. I ddi not touch the slave
drive.
I am unable to figure out the cause of this problem.

My hardware is P III 450 MHz with PC100 256 MB RAM, 30 GB HDD + 15 GB
slave drive, Gigabyte motherboard with Intel chipset, ATI all in wonder
pro 8 MB AGP video card, Soundblaster Live value sound card, US robotics
56 K ISA modem. I run windows ME. I built this system myself in Feb 2000.
Please help if you can. I don't want to trash my system.

Thanks

Please reply by remoing avoidspam from my email address.
Hamid