Old March 22nd 04, 01:19 PM
rstlne

"Wayne Youngman" wrote in message
Hi,

Got a problem with a AN7 build. System can run fine for weeks.

Issue #1

Sometimes when the system is powered on, it beeps then shows up the ABIT
coloured Logo screen, and then freezes? Code 5b

Issue #2

The CMOS will not reset normally. To get a successful reset I have to

short
the CMOS clear jumper pins, remove power cable from back of PSU, remove
battery, remove ATX power connector from board, and remove the ATX +12v

lead
from board. . . then leave this pile for a minimum of one hour?

I never saw an problem like this before. Why the heck doesn't the CMOS
reset like any other motherboard? These issues below can happen when the
system is running stock settings (No overclocking at all).

the "Mechanics" of computers is such that your inflating this problem.

The reason you unplug your supply (or turn it off via the switch at the back
if you have one) is that you PSU supply's a constant 5v VSB Signal. So even
when your computer is off, your power supply is still working. That VSB
signal feeds many things including the cmos. Now you should be able to
remove the battery, turn off the psu and wait probably 15/20 seconds and
then use the jumper. Now that doesnt mean that you dont have a problem. If
the +5 VSB is staying there for more than 20 seconds .. like say it's there
for 2 or 3 mins.. Then your PSU is bad (The drainage resistors inside it
have open'd).