Old March 22nd 04, 12:15 AM
Wayne Youngman

Default AN7 - Lock at Colour Screen - Hard to reset CMOS?

Hi,

Got a problem with a AN7 build. System can run fine for weeks.

Issue #1

Sometimes when the system is powered on, it beeps then shows up the ABIT
coloured Logo screen, and then freezes? Code 5b

Issue #2

The CMOS will not reset normally. To get a successful reset I have to short
the CMOS clear jumper pins, remove power cable from back of PSU, remove
battery, remove ATX power connector from board, and remove the ATX +12v lead
from board. . . then leave this pile for a minimum of one hour?

I never saw an problem like this before. Why the heck doesn't the CMOS
reset like any other motherboard? These issues below can happen when the
system is running stock settings (No overclocking at all).

*SOUL-RIPPER*

AN7 rev1.0 (BIOS 14)

T-Bred XP2400+ (AIUHB) 2.2GHz - 1.85vCore

512MB (Single Stick) Crucial PC3200 (CT6464Z40B)

Sapphire Radeon 9600XT (FireBlade Edition)

Western Digital S.E 120GB SATA (7,200rpm - 8MB)

LITE-ON 52x32x52 Burner

LITE-ON 16x DVD

ANTEC SX835 II

ANTEC 350w Smart-Power (Dual Fan)

4 x 80mm Case fans

WinXP SP/1

DX 9.0b

nVidia Drivers (CD)

Cat 3.10 (CD)

The system can run Memtest86 and Prime95 for days! No errors. Not sure
where to start troubleshooting, and that CMOS clear thing is really bugging
me!
--
Wayne ][
Sign on door reads: Please Do No Disturb! Pentium 4 assembly in progress!