Old December 24th 03, 03:30 PM
Chip

"James Paraskeva" wrote in message
Peter Harrington wrote:
I'm thinking of upgrading and overclocking. I read a review that said

that
Gigabyte MoBos can unlock Bartons without any hardware modification with
Easy Tune 4. Is this true for all Bartons?

My other question is would I be better off OC'ing a Barton 2600+ ($100)

or
3000+ ($200). My main objective is number crunching speed. Would the

3000+
be a waste of money or will it hit a faster speed or the same speed as
2600+? I'm planning on keeping the PC 2700 RAM and looking at the

7N400L
MoBo.

TIA,

Pete

better off oc'ing a 2500 @ 11*200 @ 1.65V

Or even better oc at 15 x 250 @ 1.45v. Or 14 x 300 @ 1.3v Hell, go for
it: run 11 x 500 at only 1.0v! ;-)

Seriously, I agree he should go for a 2500. And he *may* manage to get it
to do 2200MHz. Probably he will. He *might* even get it to do 2200MHz at
1.65v, but I doubt it - almost all need just a little bit more voltage, like
1.7v maybe.

But the way you worded it, it sounded like 2200MHz at 1.65v is a "given".
It isn't.

Chip.

Chip.